We're now in the final days to finish our holiday shopping. Many of us are now trying to find the lowest price on a gadget, piece of jewelry, or gift for someone special.
But if you can wait till after the holidays, you can score a much better deal on many things. And we are not just talking about post-Christmas sales.
DealNews.com says if it's not a gift, and you can wait, you will get a much better price on a number of items.
Among the things to wait another week to buy, according to a new report in DealNews:
- Cars: The best deals are the year-end sales between Christmas and New Year's, DealNews says (plus you wont have to pay for a big red bow).
- 4KTV's: The best name brand big screen TV sales are around the Super Bowl each year. Unlike Black Friday, these are not cheap, stripped down TV's built especially for the Black Friday hoards of shoppers.
- Other electronics: DealNews says tablets, printers, and headsets go on sale during the CES electronics show in January. It says stores slash prices on unsold video games in the games after Christmas, with some XBox One and PS4 games likely to be sold for 60% off.
- Sports and Fitness equipment: The days after New Year's Day is the biggest time for joining a gym, so stores get more competitive with big sales on home gyms, treadmills, and other workout items.
- Furniture: January has some of the biggest furniture sales of the year, with the exception of President's Day and Memorial Day weekends.
- Jewelry: This tends to be expensive in January and early February, but if you can wait till February 15th, prices are slashed after Valentine's Day.
- Luggage: The biggest sales are in March, after most people have bought new luggage for their spring break trip or March cruise.
- Clothing: This is a no-brainer. The week after Christmas sees clothing markdowns as high as 75% or 80% off. Winter clothing goes on sale now, as stores make way for spring and beach fashion.
- Fingerlings: Don't laugh. These little monkey puppets kids wear on their fingers became the hottest holiday toy of 2017, surprising everyone, especially the manufacturer, which couldn't keep up with demand (Hatchimals were supposed to be the hot toy again, but their second year was a flop).
DealNews says skip the ridiculous Fingerling markups right now, and give your 10 year old a rain check. It says prices on eBay (as high as $100 for the $14 toy) will plunge after New Year's Day, and stores will start to have them in stock again.
We didn't mention Christmas decorations and wrapping paper, because that's obvious. Grab it up on December 26th.
That way, you don't waste your money.