DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. – Following the drowning death of 10-year-old Kentae Williams, two Division of Family and Children Services supervisors and one case manager have been terminated.

An additional DFCS supervisor was given a written reprimand and moved to a different position and one case worker was mandated to further training.

Williams, 10, was drowned in his bathtub on April 28, and subsequently, his newly adoptive father, Leon Williams Sr., 43, was charged with murder and first-degree cruelty to children.

Police and EMS responded to the Friday night call of a person drowning at the Serenade Apartments on Glen Hollow Drive in DeKalb County, Ga.

Police said Leon called 911, claiming that he found his son in the bathtub. Furthermore, he said he drained the water from the tub and started to perform CPR while waiting for the rescue crews to arrive.

Kentae was transported to Henrietta Egleston Hospital for Children. Meanwhile, investigators determined that there was more to the child's death than Leon had originally told them.

“They did notice there were bruises and injuries that were not consistent with a drowning,” said DeKalb County Police spokeswoman, Shiera Campbell.

As a result, Campbell said, police met with a witness who said she saw the Leon earlier that day during a barbecue.

The witness said she saw Kentae and his father in the parking lot where she called his father over to speak with her. She saw that the Leon was walking behind Kentae and grabbing the child's neck.

The witness said that she mentioned to Leon that he looked angry and he told her that Kentae had cut school that day. Leon told her, she said, that the child kicked his teacher and called her a profane word.

She also said she overheard the suspect telling Kentae, "You're going to die tonight," while they walked back to their apartment.

The child's grandmother told authorities that she was visiting to help take care of Kentae for a week while Leon was on a business trip. She said Leon told Kentae to go take a bath, but he made a big fuss saying that he didn’t want to.

She told police that she checked periodically on the Kentae to make sure he was OK. Then, she said, she saw Leon changing in his room—moments later, everything went quiet.

Leon called her to come upstairs and to call 911.

When she arrived upstairs, she stated that the water appeared hot and she saw burn marks on the bottom of the Kentae’s feet.