UPDATE: Warner Robins Fire Chief Ross Moulton said Thursday's fire at Anchor Glass was likely a grease fire that started in the chimney similar to a fire there in 2015.
Air ventilator shafts at the plant use a lot of oil lubricant and the oil can build up, Moulton said. An oil line broke and set fire to the oil residue, Moulton said.
Fire crews were called out to the plant at 1044 Booth Road at 3:07 p.m. and the blaze was out by 4 p.m., Moulton said.
Henry Lynch works a few blocks up the road from the plant. He says when he left work around 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon, he knew something was wrong.
"When I walked out I saw a big, black cloud of smoke," says Lynch. "Once we [crossed the street] the smoke had cleared up a little bit and we looked over and we saw flames on the top of the building."
According to Bill Fulcher with the Occupational Health and Safety Office in Atlanta, the Anchor Glass plant is currently under investigation for a "safety complaint" filed by someone prior to Thursday's fire.
Fulcher says the last time Anchor Glass was inspected was in 2015, after an employee was struck in the neck by a bottle and died.
In 2015, Fulcher says Anchor Glass was fined over 26-thousand dollars.
There were no injuries.
Warner Robins fire fighters are battling a blaze at Anchor Glass.
This story is developing. 13WMAZ has a news crew on the scene and we'll be updating this story when we have more details.
PHOTOS: Anchor Glass fire in Warner Robins
There was a fire at the plant in March 2015.