Two Bibb County mothers were arrested Sunday and charged with child abandonment after someone called about a child being abandoned in the street, according to an incident report.

It says the deputy responded to the Waverly Pointe Apartments around 7 a.m. Sunday and met with the woman who'd called the sheriff’s office.

She told the deputy she was trying to leave the complex when she noticed a boy crying in the middle of the street. When she asked him why he was crying, he told her that no one was at home.

The 5-year-old boy was standing next to the woman and told the deputy he was scared.

The report says the deputy followed the boy into the apartment and found several dirty dishes on the table with lighters and cigarettes. The floor was also dirty and covered in clothes. He says that he then walked up the stairs, which were covered in trash, and walked into a bedroom where he saw three more children sleeping in a bunkbed, aged 10, 8 and 2.

The boy found in the street is the brother of the 10-year-old, and are unrelated to the two other children.

The deputy had the children put on clothes and come downstairs, and the 10-year-old said he didn’t know what time his mother left. The report notes there was no phone at home, leaving them with no way of getting in touch with their mother.

The children said they were hungry and another deputy heated up some pizza for the children to eat, and changed the 2-year-old’s diaper.

After two hours, the two mothers of the four children returned home, according to the incident report.

Kemoncia Daniely told the deputy that she and her friend left around 5 a.m. to visit a friend’s house, and that her boyfriend was watching the children.

After talking to Daniely, the deputy spoke to the other mother, Kesia Stephens. Stephens said they left around 4 a.m. and that no one was left in charge of the children when they left.

Later, Stephens told the deputy they left around 11 p.m.

The report says the responding deputy spoke with a DFACS worker and told her he was going to arrest both mothers. She allowed the children to be taken by a family member on scene.

They were charged with child abandonment and taken to the Bibb County Law Enforcement Center.