Students in the Class of 2021 are setting records as they step on campus at the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech and Georgia State University.
New statistics from the state's biggest universities show large classes with impressive GPAs and test scores.
- Average high school GPA - 4.0 (compared to 3.86 in 2013)
- Record average ACT score of 30 (represents the 95th percentile)
- Average SAT - 1344
- 5,800 class total
- Nearly 24,500 applications 0 a 20% increase in four years
- Completed an avg. of 8 AP, IB or dual-enrollment classes
- Number of African-American students is up 20% in four years
- Number of Hispanic students is up 33%
- Represent 90% of Georgia’s 159 counties
- Georgia residents make up 87% of the class
- Students from 44 states, 15 countries
- Largest incoming class – 3,800+
- Highest average GPA – 3.5
- A record high 31,504 applications submitted
- 45% Georgia admit rate, 23% total admit rate
- Average SAT ranges from 1360-1490
- Students from 47 states, 55 nations
- 43% of students are women - a record high
Georgia Tech also announced a new program on Monday, and it starts with the high school graduating class of 2018.
Any Georgia senior who graduates in the top 2 of their class will be guaranteed a spot in next year's freshman class at Georgia Tech.
SHARE THIS STORY WITH FRIENDS