13WMAZ/13wmaz.com in Macon is accepting applications for the position of ANCHOR/MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST. This position is part of the 13WMAZ Information Center, which gathers news and information about Central Georgia for television, the Web and Mobile. Our anchors are working journalists. They are leaders, mentors and coaches in our newsroom. Duties include: anchoring and producing newscasts and webcasts; field videography; video editing; and general assignment reporting for all platforms.
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Strong reporting, writing and video storytelling skills and the drive to "dig" for news.
• Demonstrated interest in current affairs
• Demonstrated talent in delivering information on-camera.
• Understanding of ethical and legal standards of journalism.
• Two years of on-air TV experience.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
• Command of the English language.
• Ability to operate a computer.
No phone calls will be accepted. Interviews will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. A non-returnable demo dvd is required when applying for this position. Mail resume, and non-returnable dvd to:
1314 Gray Highway
Macon, Georgia 31211
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.