Corned Beef Cheese "FootBall"
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheese of your choice
- 6 ounces of deli style corned beef chopped fairly small
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 2 or 3 thinly sliced green onions (reserve a couple of green parts for garnish)
- ½ to ¾ cup of finely chopped nuts (any will do)
1. Chop up corned beef and lightly mix with cream cheese and shredded cheese.
2. Add horseradish and onions and mix everything together.
3. Form into ball and roll in the chopped nuts to coat (place nuts in a shallow bowl first)
4. Place on serving plate and chill for 1 hour or longer before serving.
5. Just before serving decorate it with thin strips of green onion to resemble the laces on a football.
6. Serve with your favorite crackers.
Makes 1 cheese ball.