Macon police say they've arrested five people in a year-long case that involves money laundering, forged checks and tax fraud.
They call it a "major criminal enterprise."
They say the FBI, the IRS and Secret Service were all involved in the investigation. SWAT teams from Bibb County and Macon police executed search warrants Tuesday at homes on Richmond Street, New Clinton Road, Chisholm Trail and Marse Allen Road.
The five people now face various charges, including identity theft and forgery.
- 54-year-old Lillian Ann Tharpe, charged with forgery, first degree;
- 29-year-old Bridgette Sabrina Williams, charged with two counts of fraud-- identity theft;
- 31-year-old Antonio Lamont Kendricks, charged with 100 counts of identity theft;
- 30-year-old Yolanda Yvette King, charged with five counts of identity theft and a probation violation;
- and 37-year-old Rhonda Meshelle Everett, charged with 35 counts of identity theft.
Police say additional charges are pending against all five.