A bolt of lightning is likely the cause of an early morning house fire in Perry.
A report from the Perry fire department says crews responded to a fire at 1813 Oakridge Dr. around 2:23 Monday morning.
The report says the family of six living in the house made it out safely. One of the residents told crews he believed that a bolt of lightning hit the home, sparking a fire in the attic or on the roof.
Crews were on the scene for about 2 and half hours before getting the blaze under control.
Captain Joel Gray says most of the damage was confined to the attic.
The report says the family is staying with relatives in the area.