The FBI says it knows who made bomb threats that cleared out Carmike Cinemas theatres last week -- but that person is no longer a threat.
In a statement released Thursday, FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett said the investigation is still open and no details would be released.
The release does not name the suspect.
By email, Emmet declined to comment further, including saying whether the suspect is in custody.
Carmike Cinemas released the following statement Thursday morning: "The FBI has identified the person responsible for the bomb threats that occurred last Friday, August 17, 2012 involving Carmike Cinemas and believes he is no longer a threat."
Last week, someone made a bomb threat to the Columbus, Ga-based national movie theater chain. Police searched various Carmike theaters, including ones in Dublin and Milledgeville, and found no evidence of significant threats.
Officials ask anyone with information regarding this matter contact the Atlanta Office FBI at (404) 679-9000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org