2 Young Brothers Die in Ga. House Fire

7:08 PM, Nov 9, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +


PEMBROKE, Ga. (AP) - State fire officials say two young brothers died in a house fire sparked by an electrical space heater in Bryan County.

Glenn Allen, a spokesman for Georgia's insurance and fire commissioner, says Friday's blaze killed 3-year-old Gavin Dale Newman and his 4-year-old brother Randal Newman III.

Allen says their parents, 23-year-old Crystal Beasley and 33-year-old Randal Newman Jr., were injured in the fire and flown to a hospital in Augusta.

Beasley's 6-year-old son was also injured in the fire and hospitalized.

Officials say the family's home was destroyed in the early morning fire, and the home did not have a smoke alarm. Allen says the heater was placed too close to combustible materials.

The home was in Ellabell, a community about 25 miles west of Savannah.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Most Watched Videos