Whether you're saying goodbye to a rough year or just eager to welcome in another good one, New Year's Eve is usually a lot of fun.
If you and your friends are looking for something to do, we recommend you check out some of our favorite events here:
- Macon's Cherry Ball Drop was just named one of the 'Most Unique in the Country' by TripAdvisor. It features family-friendly events from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and fun for grown-ups past midnight. Best yet, it's FREE.
- There's a 'New Wave Rave' at the Cox Capitol Theatre featuring the Times Square ball drop on the big (big) screen, prizes and Echospeed performing. - $15
- Foodies will want to try the special menu for NYE dinner at Dovetail, downtown Macon's newest fine dining restaurant. Reservations are required.
- For the faithful, there are Watch Night Services at both Christian Fellowship Church in Warner Robins and Power Of God Holiness Church Ministries in Macon
- Central Georgia's Deacons of Disaster will ring in the new year with a "face meltin'" performance at the Mellow Mushroom in north Macon.
- The self-proclaimed "Largest" NYE celebration in the midstate is happening at Element in three rooms with two DJs and a cash balloon drop. Attendees are urged to "dress to impress."
- Buffington's in Milledgeville will feature rising hip-hop artist Floco Torres for its New Year's party.
- Def Jam artist Trinidad James of "All Gold Everything" fame looks to pack the room at Asylum with DJ Smooth and DJ KD on the wheels of steel. 18 to enter; 21 to drink. Tickets are $25.
- Dark House and Young R will takeover The Player's Club (formerly known as Scarlett Carson's) with a $1000 ball drop and free food available.
- Surrealist musician and actor Col. Bruce Hampton graces the stage at the Hummingbird
- Shenanigan's Pub in Warner Robins isn't just celebrating the coming of the New Year, but also their 10th anniversary. They'll have Brandon Hunnicutt, Cynthia's Garden, Treblemakers, Anny & David and Old Man Shoes in house performing.
- The Warner Robins Optimist Club invites you to their New Year's Eve Charity Ball, which benefits the Rainbow House. Tickets are $100/couple and include heavy hors d'oeuvres, live music, a raffle and more.
- The 5th Annual NYE Big Bash hosted by The ARC at the Terminal Station featuring The Grapevine will help you party in the New Year, support a great cause and keep you close to the action when the Cherry drops. Tix are $80/couple