Nine men were arrested by Perry police during a Sunday morning traffic stop on Interstate 75.
According to a news release, Cpl. Jeff Keenom stopped a passenger van for a window tint violation.
After doing so, "a strong odor of marijuana" was detected and a search ensued, the news release says.
Police say they found five ounces of marijuana, Schedule I narcotics, and about $7,900 in cash.
Nine people were charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of Schedule I drugs:
- Lorne W. Gordon, 45, of Pembroke Pines, FL
- Keith Blair, 35, of Miami, FL
- Howard Smith, 36, of Orlando, FL
- Dave Richards, 31, of Miami, FL
- Duwayne R. Hoilett Sr., 46, of Vero Beach, FL
- Fitz Livermore, 50, of May Pen, Jamaica
- Fabian Anthony Smith, 45, of Jamaica
- Jason Anthony Garcia, 26, of Coral Springs, FL
- Omar William Glenn, 26, of Carambola Circle N, Coconut Creek, FL
The suspects are being held in the Houston County jail.
Garcia is also charged with crossing the guard line with contraband. Glenn is also charged with a window tint violation.