We launched 13WMAZ-TV's new look Tuesday during the Midday newscast.
If you missed it, or you just want another look, here's what you'll see:
- In the top bar of the new graphic box you will find story information as well as the name and title of someone being interviewed.
- The second bar, called the Lineup, will preview the next three stories.
- The third line is where headlines, traffic information, weather, social engagement and breaking news can be found.
The weather graphics will also get a makeover. The new look is simple and clean. It allows the 13WMAZ meteorologists to clearly explain the week's weather and makes it easier for you to understand.
Some viewers may notice the wording on the graphics seem cut off on the screen -- or you may never see the third line -- but this means your television setting may need to be changed.
In most cases, this is caused by the viewing option for the screen to be on a zoom or stretch setting. To put your screen in the right aspect ratio, cycle through the screen options until you see the correct full image.
Most remotes have a button that can be used to change this setting. Check out the photo to see if your remote has one of these options. If you can't find this on your remote, you will need to enter your television menu setting to make the change there.
Or, if you need, please call us for help.
The new look comes after extensive research and is based on feedback from viewers like you.
Here are some highlights:
- Color coding various types of news. This helps keep the news simple and organized so viewers know what type of story we are doing or about to do.
- The Lineup - This will show you what three stories are coming up next.
- Balancing graphics and information. You don't just want a word or two naming the story, but enough information to better understand the news using the most updated facts.
You'll also hear new music to accompany our new look. This new song celebrates our wonderful community and the people who make it great. It's called "This Is Home" and we think you'll like it!