The couch won't look so comfortable once you see what's going on around you in central Georgia this weekend.
1. Friday, head over to the Grand Opera House for a show with Colt Ford, a country artist who hails from Athens, Ga. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $20-55
2. After all the chatter about "42" filming in Macon and Jones County, it's time to see the result. Make sure you get a ticket at your local theater to see Harrison Ford and Chad Bozeman star in the movie about Jackie Robinson's life and the challenges he faced breaking baseball's color barrier.
3. Remember the song "Home" by local musician Louise Warren? Well also on Friday, you can swing down to Bonaire and hear Louise performing at The Cavern starting at 6 p.m.
4. Headed to the prom? Upload your prom photos to our site and show off that outfit you only get to wear once. If you're in Cochran, check out this after prom party at House of Grace Church.
5. Don't stay up too late, though. You'll want to see how Mercer University's football team is looking during their first spring game at noon Saturday. Admission is free!
6. One word: Bearstock. It's an annual free music festival at Tattnall Square Park. Bands from really near and far perform during the day. Switchfoot and The Ready Set headline the show in the evening. Show starts at noon. Check out the lineup.
7. Kill two activities with one stone and watch the 2013 Macon Cycling Classic, rolling around Tattnall Square Park Saturday.
8. In Perry, the Dogwood Festival will be in full swing both Saturday and Sunday with a new, expanded festival. New to the lineup: a dock dog competition and a hot air balloon rally. See festival details.
9. On Sunday, Magnolia Street in Macon will be a great place for people who don't necessarily feel the need for speed. It's the annual (and free!) Soapbox Derby where teams start trial runs around noon. The race begins right after that. In the meantime, enjoy food truck cuisine and live music by Sterling Waite and the Cotton Avenue Hustlers, as well as sets by B.o.B's tour DJ, Shawty Slim.
10. Stay for Second Sunday in Macon's Washington Park and round out the weekend with your picnic and performance with Yacht Rock Schooner. (Another free event!)
11. Calling all daddys and daughters! It's a dance just for you at the VFW Memorial Post in Warner Robins Saturday. Advance tickets are $10 and $15 at the door. Call 478-719-9043 for more information. Dance is at 1011 Corder Road and sponsored by Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
12. Ready to dive in and adopt a pet? Saturday is half-off adoption day at Pet Supermarket on Tom Hill Sr. Blvd in Macon sponsored by Sam Bechtel from Boy Scout Troop 170 as part of his Eagle Scout project. Call 478-474-5112 for more information.
13. If none of these events convince you to leave and you're set on relaxing inside this weekend, try making your own tanktop out of an old T-shirt (No sewing skills necessary!) Then, try your hand at making your own beach tote like this one, for the day you are ready to step out of the house.