13WMAZ/13wmaz.com in Macon is accepting applications for the position of ANCHOR/MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (PM). This position is part of the 13WMAZ Information Center, which gathers news and information about Central Georgia for television, the Web and Mobile. Our anchors are working journalists. They are leaders, mentors and coaches in our newsroom.
• Anchors newscasts.
• Contributes story ideas and participates in editorial meetings.
• Writes script for stories and edits newscast copy.
• Interviews appropriate people to cover news stories.
• Enterprises and reports daily news stories for on-air and online.
• Develops special assignment series as directed by Executive Producer.
• 3-5 years television anchoring and reporting experience; College degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong on-air presentation.
• Strong writing skills for on-air and online.
• Demonstrated newsroom leadership skills.
• Current valid driver's license and excellent driving history required.
No phone calls will be accepted. Interviews will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. A non-returnable demo dvd is required when applying for this position. Mail resume, and non-returnable dvd to:
1314 Gray Highway
Macon, Georgia 31211
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.