13WMAZ is currently accepting applications for a full-time MULTIMEDIA NEWS PRODUCER in the 13WMAZ Information Center. Duties include: writing news stories, and editing video for all platforms, including 13WMAZ Eyewitness News, 13wmaz.com and our Mobile site, m.13wmaz.com; and showcasing that content under the supervision of producers and managers by producing compelling TV newscasts, managing newscasts in the control room, and managing content on 13wmaz.com.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Strong writing and video-editing skills for broadcast and Web.
• Strong interest in news and current events. Knowledge about Central Georgia is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to operate a computer. Preference given to applicants who have experience with non-linear video editing systems.
• Four-year college degree, or one year of news writing or producing experience.
A non-returnable DVD of a newscast you produced is requested with resume when applying for this position.
No phone calls will be accepted. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applications can be obtained at 13WMAZ or on line at www.13WMAZ.com. Mail application, cover letter, and resume to:
MULTIMEDIA NEWS PRODUCER
1314 Gray Highway
Macon, Georgia 31211
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.