A house explosion in East Dublin injured two people.
Laurens County officials blame the blast on a natural-gas leak.
It happened around 1:30 Friday morning on Jordan St., according to Lt. Louis Blue of East Dublin police.
Blue says two people were inside, and both were flown to Augusta for burn treatment.
He also says the home was destroyed.
Linnie Turner lives on Jordan Street.
She says her 68-year old brother Roosevelt Charleston owns the home.
Turner says both Charleston and his friend Cindy Lox suffered severe burns.
She also says city workers were working on a sewage line on Jordan Street, that may have ruptured Charleston's gas pipe and contributed to the fire.
"Well my brother had come home and was resting and one of his friends came by and knocked and wanted to borrow 10 dollars and he got up and opened the door to let her in and when he let her in, she had a cigarette, and she lit the cigarette and the from that, the house exploded."
Turner says Charleston is a native of East Dublin and has lived in the home 50 years.
She says he suffered third degree burns, and was preparing for surgery Friday.
A spokeswoman for the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta says Charleston is in good condition.
Check back with 13WMAZ.com for updates on this story.