MACON - The Alliance for a Healthier Generation released their list of the healthiest schools in the United States, and 16 of them were located in Bibb County.
The group named 328 schools from around the country as the nation's healthiest. Some of the strict criteria the group used included the availability of nutritious foods and access to quality physical educational opportunities. This is all a part of the organization's Healthy Schools program.
The 16 schools from Bibb County that made the list include:
- Alexander II Magnet School
- Bruce Elementary School
- Central High School
- Florence Bernd Elementary School
- H.G. Weaver Middle School
- Howard High School
- Ingram-Pye Elementary School
- James H. Porter Elementary School
- John H. Heard Elementary School
- McKibben-Lane Elementary School
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
- Rutland High School
- Skyview Elementary School
- Southwest Magnet HS & Law Academy
- Springdale Elementary School
- Taylor Elementary School
These were 16 of the 29 total schools from Georgia included on the list.
You can find the complete list here.
(© 2016 WMAZ)