The Sunday morning death of a 21-year-old Monroe County man may be linked to the recent string of overdoses that have swept through central Georgia.
An incident report from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says a deputy was sent to a home in the 1100-block of Pea Ridge Road for a call of a deceased person.
When the deputy arrived, EMS told him they had pronounced 21-year-old Jackson Carson Moore III dead at the scene.
The report says EMS walked the deputy to the man’s bedroom, where his body was lying on the bed.
The deputy spoke to Moore’s father. He told the deputy that his son came in from hanging out with friends around 12:30 a.m.
His father said when he went downstairs around 9 a.m. to wake his son up, that he was on the bed and ‘he was blue’ and not breathing.
The scene was secured and turned over to investigators.
On Tuesday, Sgt. Lawson Bittick with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said that based on the recent public health emergency, Moore’s death is possibly related, but they are awaiting toxicology reports to confirm.
© 2017 WMAZ-TV