If you throw a stone on this block of Gray Highway, chances are you'll hit a fast food restaurant.
The area around the 1000 block of this stretch of Macon road has more fast food restaurants than any other place in the county and probably all of central Georgia for that matter.
Well, the offerings are about to get fatter with the addition of Dunkin Donuts. Crews on Friday looked like they were mostly working the exterior lot and the interior largely looked complete.
It's located adjacent to the Hardee's that opened last year.
Clustered nearby are Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Krystal and Arby's.
It's no wonder that Macon last year topped a national consumer list of cities in which people eat the most fast food.
The consumer research firm Sandelman & Associates last year asked consumers, ranging in age from 16 to 64, how many times they visited a fast food restaurant during the past month.
Macon ranked 4th in 2014, but apparently slacked off in its fast food eating last year ranking 8th - a tie with Los Angeles, according to Sandelman's Paul Clarke.
These were the top fast food consuming cities in April 2015.
10. (Tie) Charlotte, N.C., Oklahoma City -- diners went to fast food or fast casual restaurants 16.2 times per month.
8. (Tie) Los Angeles, Macon, Ga. -- 16.3 times per month.
6. (Tie) Washington, D.C., and Atlanta -- 16.4 times per month.
5. San Francisco -- 16.7 times per month.
4. Dallas -- 16.8 times per month.
3. Greensboro, N.C. -- 17 times per month.
2. Houston -- 17.9 times per month
1. Miami -- 19 times per month