Fort Valley State University received an accreditation warning following a review from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
According to a statement from the SACSCOC, the University was placed on warning after the school failed to comply with Core Requirements, including financial non-compliance, adding that FVSU failed to make timely and significant improvements towards correcting the issues.
The accreditation standards of SACSCOC requires schools to provide evidence that it:
- Provides student support programs and services that promote student learning,
- Demonstrate financial stability,
- Exercise control over its finances,
- Maintains physical facilities that serve the needs of the institution, and
- Demonstrates compliance with program responsibilities under Title IV.
The Board will review the accreditation status in June of 2018 after the school will have been on warning for 12 months.
© 2018 WMAZ-TV