Each year, and around the holidays, several organizations hold food drives and collect donations to give to the less fortunate.
Here are a few places to direct your donations if you are looking to help this holiday season:
- Accepting health and beauty products like soap, shampoo, spray deodorant and laundry detergent
- Always accepting food including coffee, fruit , juice and other items
- "Pack Night" for Feed the City is November 17 from 6pm to 8pm
- The big day of food distribution is November 18 from 8am to noon
- The church has plans to give out 1500 turkeys with trimmings
Kids Yule Love
- Accepting new toys, clothing and arts and craft kits
- Drop boxes are listed on the organizations's website
Loaves and Fishes Ministry
- Accepting blankets and coats, especially men's coats and clothing
- Canned food items and non-perishables
Needs for the Grocery Pantry:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned meat
- Macaroni and Cheese
Middle Georgia Community Food Bank
- Accepting financial donations (A $1.00 donation can be turned into $5.00 worth of food)
- Ways to donate financially: Send a check to 4490 Ocmulgee East Blvd. Macon, Ga 31217 or online on the food bank's website
- Donors can register with Middle Georgia Food Bank to organize a food drive (Once registered, organizers can pick up a barrel from the food bank or use their own container. To register, call the food bank at (478) 742-3958.)
- Food donations should be non-perishable. This time of year, the food bank is looking for corn, green beans, stuffing and mashed potato mixes.
If you know of any other organizations who need help to lend a helping hand, let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2017 WMAZ-TV