A man visiting his friends in Putnam County for a hunting trip died early Sunday morning in a fire.
According to Putnam Fire Rescue Chief Shane Hill, the call for a structure fire on Riverview Road came in around 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
He says by the time the first firefighters arrived, the fire was fully involved and had collapsed the building -- a 20x12’ shed next to a mobile home.
Once the fire was put out, first responders saw that someone was inside, but the body was burned beyond recognition.
Hill says the man was a white male in his early 30s and they have an idea of who he is, but are awaiting confirmation from the medical examiner before releasing his name.
As for the cause of the fire, Hill says they believe it was electrical and possibly caused by an electrical arc in the extension cord that was connected to space heater in the shed.
Hill says it’s been over a year since the last fire fatality in Putnam County.
© 2017 WMAZ-TV