Monroe Co. family escapes house fire unharmed

Monroe County firefighters responded to a house fire at 111 Garr Road in High Falls Wednesday morning, according to a post from Monroe County Emergency Services.

The units that arrived first around 5:00 a.m. found that the blaze was already coming through the roof, but the family escaped unharmed. 

The post says every on-duty firefighter was sent to the scene and were able to put out the fire.

Fire Chief Mercer says the cause of the fire was ash left in a garbage can on the porch. Mercer says that spread to the roof of the home. He says the fire destroyed the roof and there is major damage inside. 

Chief Mercer says the couple living at the home was Josh and Katie Roberts. Mercer says Josh told him he heard dishes falling in the kitchen and that's what woke him up.

Monroe County Emergency Services adds, “Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the aftermath of such a loss.” 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment