The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is on Saturday, October 7, 2017, and the Bibb Sheriff's Office has announced some temporary road closures for that day.
At around 8:30 a.m., authorities will block off the following locations:
· Oglethorpe Street will be blocked from Calhoun Street to Adams Street.
· Forsyth Street at Monroe Street - no right turn, no access onto Monroe Street.
· Forsyth Street at College Street - no southbound access to College Street (toward roundabout).
· Stadium Drive blocked at the Hilton Garden Hotel.
· Montpelier Avenue blocked at Carling Avenue.
· Montpelier Avenue at Coleman Avenue will be detoured to Linden Avenue.
· Montpelier Avenue at Johnson (by Barnes and Noble in the Mercer Village) will be blocked.
Everything should be open again by 10:30 a.m.
Deputies will provide traffic control in other locations as needed.
© 2018 WMAZ-TV