A post has been spreading around Facebook that claims Coca-Cola issued a massive recall after a clear parasite was found in bottles of Dasani water. But is it true?
The post says the water has made hundreds of people sick.
Our Verify Team took a closer look, and here’s what we found:
- This story originated on a website, News 4 KTLA. It looks like a real local news site, but it is really a webpage that mostly posts “clickbait.”
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission, the agency in charge of issuing recalls, has no record of a Dasani recall.
- Lastly, if hundreds of people were sickened by bottled water then you can bet another news agency would have reported the problem.
In conclusion, we can verify this parasite post is false.
© 2018 KHOU-TV