First Presbyterian Day School is offering the flavors of Macon in its new cookbook. Parents, alumni, and other members of the FPD family contributed recipes, and Georgia artist and FPD graduate Steve Penley contributed the illustrations.
Tuesday on Eyewitness News Mornin', contributor and parentJan Barrywhipped up'Death by Chocolate,' just one recipe you'll find in the book.
She used these ingredients:
1 package brownie mix
1 package Heath Bar Bits
1 (6 ounce) box instant pudding and pie filling (chocolate)
1 (12 ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping
1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur or substitute 1 tablespoon sugar with 4 tablespoons coffee
Directions are as follows:
- Mix and bake brownies according to box directions.
- Punch holes in warm brownies with a fork and pour coffee-flavored liqueur over brownies; set aside.
- Mix pudding according to directions on box.
- Break up half of the brownies and place at the bottom of a glass trifle dish.
- Cover with half of the pudding, half of the toffee bits and then half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Save some of the toffee bits to sprinkle on top.
If you like the idea for this recipe and want to try more delectable dishes, the cookbook will sell for $25.You can purchase it by emailing the school at: firstname.lastname@example.org , or visiting www.fpdmacon.org/cookbook.
Another opportunity to reserve a cookbook is at the 'Taste of FPD' premier party and auction.That's Saturday, Nov. 5. Tickets are $30 and dress is casual. The community is invited to the auction, which will feature the original painting that graces the cover of the cookbook as well as jewelry and other items. The auction starts at 7 p.m. at 7155 Rivoli Road in Macon.
You can call the school at 478-477-6505 to buy auction tickets or to reserve a copy of the book.
Copies will be availableNovember 8 and 9.