While you're digesting that turkey, here are a few things to do:
- Charity 5K to "Stamp Out Poverty."
- Macon County Blood Drive. Friday Nov. 24 3 p.m.
- Smiley's Carousel Grand Opening: First 100 riders receive a free T-shirt. Costs $1 per ride, or $5 for unlimited rides all weekend.
- Shop Local Saturday: Get $25 AMEX credit when you enroll your card prior to shopping at a locally-owned business on Saturday.ENROLL your American Express card online.
See which business are participating.
- Ice skating at the Macon Centreplex at one of these skating sessions: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. , 1:30-4 p.m., 5-7:30 p.m., 8:30-11p.m.
- The Neal Lucas Band at The Hummingbird in Downtown Macon, Saturday 10 p.m.
- Pick out a Christmas tree at a local tree farm. See locations.
- Visit the Tripp Family Christmas Lights in Yonkers.
- Movies out this weekend: Rise of the Guardians, Red Dawn, Life of Pi, The Silver Linings Playbook
- Thomson Trails Half-Marathon Saturday at L H Thomson
- 11th Annual Turkey Trot Saturday, November 24, 5K, walk or bike ride, Registration begins at 9 a.m. Free registration. At 965 Frank Cook Road Cochran, Ga.
- The 12x12 Challenge. Take an Instagram photo every hour to journal the day. Try going to the park with or without kids.(Idea from blogger Elizabeth Kartchner.com)
- Make these Reindeer from toilet paper rolls to help ring in the season from blogger kiertoidea on Pinterest.