Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas
2 large flour tortillas (plain or flavored)
1 to 2 tsp real butter or good quality oil (olive or grape seed oil)
1 cup cheese such as cheddar or pepper jack etc. (grated)
1/2 cup black bean & corn salsa (see recipe below)
Sliced Avocado or Sour Cream (optional)
- Melt butter in a pan - or add oil to hot pan.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and rub it around in the butter/oil to coat.
- Heat the tortilla until small air pockets form in it flipping once or twice - until lightly brown.
- Cover ½ of the tortilla with the DRAINED corn and black bean salsa and top with a handful of cheese, fold in ½ and press down.
- Cook until the cheese begins to melt and flip to the other side for a minute or so.
- Remove to a plate, cut into wedges and serve with avocado slices, sour cream, more salsa or other toppings of choice.