For years, 13WMAZ meteorologists have visited schools across central Georgia to share the ins and outs of the job we do on a day-to-day basis. If you want a member of the 13WMAZ Weather Team to visit your school to speak about meteorology and the world of television, you've found the right place!
Our presentations best align with the fourth grade science curriculum from the Georgia Department of Education.
We cover what it's like to be a meteorologist, the path we took to become one, different types of fronts and the hazards associated with them, and the world of television meteorology.
Presentations typically last 45 minutes with time for questions built in.
On occasion, we do visits with other grade levels as well. For example, we've spoken to AP Environmental Science classes, sixth grade science classes, and other groups that are currently learning about weather.
REMINDERS: Three Things to Know
- We will do our best to accommodate your request, however presenting the weather on TV is our #1 priority. We can only commit to come if our schedule allows for it.
- If inclement weather is forecasted on the day of the visit, we may need to postpone or cancel the visit, as late as the day of. We try to give as much advance notice as possible.
- To allow as many visits as possible, we will only visit a grade level at an individual school once per school year. Typically, presentations are done with the whole grade rather than individual classes.
REQUEST: Request a visit
To request a visit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- your school
- three different dates and times that work
- audience grade level
- how many students would be in attendance
We will let you know as soon as possible if a member of the weather team is available to visit on the dates you propose. If you don't hear back from us in a week, shoot us a reminder email as sometimes messages get lost in the hectic world of television news!
We look forward to visiting with you and your students!