MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — Five Milledgeville businesses and one residence were the targets of a Georgia Bureau of Investigation raid Thursday morning.
According to a news release from the GBI, their gambling unit, Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and Milledgeville Police executed search warrants for violations of Georgia’s gambling laws.
The five businesses were identified as:
- K&C Short Stop at 405 Sparta Highway
- 891 South Wilkinson Street
- Baig Enterprises at 1431 West Hancock Street
- Discount Food Mart at 1660 North Columbia Street
- G&G Bait and Tackle at 2979 North Columbia Street
The GBI says during an investigation, agents found the businesses were giving cash payouts on coin-operated machines.
According to Georgia law, winning credits can only be used for lottery tickets or store merchandise.
On Friday, the GBI announced they arrested Kushal Patel, 42, and Shivani Patel, 33, both of Milledgeville. They are now charged with Commercial Gambling which is a felony.
The GBI says other arrests are pending.
MORE IN MILLEDGEVILLE