NAPLES, Fla. — Three Florida men answered the lyrical question of, "whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" by blasting the opening theme song to the TV show "Cops" when arrested, according to deputies.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says as they were pulling over two men for street racing, one reached for the audio dial to play "Bad Boys" for deputies.
Oscar Manuel Llera Iturralde, 19, and Jose Luis Ramirez-Sanchez, 20, are accused of racing on a public highway Thursday night after doing a "slow-roll" past deputies.
In a Facebook post, the sheriff's office says they saw the men's Ford Mustang and silver Infiniti pass them before someone inside the car leaned out the window and yelled to initiate the race.
A three-second countdown later and they were off. Deputies caught up to the duo at a red light, but as soon as it turned green, they say the cars sped off at speeds of 80-95 mph in a 55 mph zone.
Once the sheriff's office was able to catch up to the group again is when they say Iturralde blasted the song as deputies walked away to run his license.
A third man, 19-year-old Aguilar Hernandez, was charged with "knowingly riding as a passenger" and for coordinating the race between the two cars, according to an arrest report.
What other people are reading right now:
- Alcohol to-go could be here to stay for Florida restaurants
- Families of sailors killed in NAS Pensacola attack receive Purple Hearts
- Second $1,200 stimulus check 'may still be in play,' Biden says
- State Senate committee to review Florida's response to the pandemic
- Florida mother sues Legoland, says water park humiliated her son
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter