MACON, Ga. — Five Macon businesses were raided Tuesday for illegal gambling, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
A GBI press release says the Commercial Gambling Unit along with the Bibb County Sheriff's Office carried out five search warrants on the following businesses:
- Tom’s Mart, 3010 Houston Avenue
- Lucky Food Mart, 3390 Jeffersonville Road
- Quick Zip, 3518 Jeffersonville Road
- Quick Serve, 2260 Shurling Drive
- Chevron Marketplace, 5631 Houston Road
The release says during the investigation, the GBI found they were giving customers cash payouts for winning credits. In Georgia, credits can only be used for lottery tickets or store merchandise.
During the searches, the GBI says agents were able to gather evidence related to the crimes and seize monetary assets gained from illegally using the machines.