CANTON, Ohio — A 25-year-old Canton woman has been accused of starving and locking two dogs in a cage together, reportedly causing one of the animals to eat the other.
Jessica J. Swinehart locked a beagle and a German Shephard mix in a cage and starved the dogs, CBS affiliate WTKR reports. When the beagle died, the other dog reportedly ate it in order to survive.
The German Shepard was down to one-third of its weight when authorities say they found it still locked in the cage with the "decaying beagle,' according to WTKR.
The CBS station says Swinehart was arrested Monday and charged with two felony counts of prohibitions concerning companion animals.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.