TAMPA, Fla. — A woman accused of drowning her 4-year-old daughter in the Hillsborough River has been found competent to stand trial.
A court order, signed by a judge, ruled Shakayla Denson, 27, was competent to proceed. Denson is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and grand theft auto.
Prosecutors say she left her daughter in the river on Aug. 2.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hold your horses: Horseback riding ban could be coming to Tampa Bay
- Police: Man shot baby in the head after child's mom rejected his advances
- Video shows moment newborn pulled from plastic bag in woods
- Police: Baby girl dies from heroin and cocaine; parents indicted on homicide charges
- Rays owner announces goal of having 2 new stadiums in Tampa Bay and Montreal
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.