MACON, Ga. — Here's where you can get tested for COVID-19 in Central Georgia. For some sites, you need a referral before you can get tested.
NORTH CENTRAL HEALTH DISTRICT
Testing sites in the North Central Health District will open starting Sunday, May 3.
To get tested at these sites, you must go through screening and get a referral by calling 1-844-987-0099. The sites are only open to those with appointments.
Here's when each site is open.
- Houston: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Bibb: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Baldwin: Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Crawford: Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hancock: Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Jones: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monroe: Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Peach: Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Putnam: Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Twiggs: Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Washington: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wilkinson: Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SOUTH CENTRAL HEALTH DISTRICT
You do not need a referral for South Central's testing sites. If you have questions, you can call 478-275-6570.
These two sites are ongoing and open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Southern Pines Recreational Complex at 660 Firetower Road in Dublin
- Faith Baptist Church at 151 S. 1st Avenue in McRae in the back parking lot
WEST CENTRAL HEALTH DISTRICT
According to their website, to use one of West Central's testing sites, you need a referral from a healthcare provider or local public health department. Many of these sites are open while supplies last and weather permitting.
- Crisp: Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the J.R Dowdy Building on N. 5th Street in Cordele; for more information call 229-276-2680.
- Dooly: Monday through Thursday from 12:30 to 3 p.m. by appointment only; for more information call 229-268-4725.
- Macon: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m.; call 478-472-8121 to be screened first.
- Taylor: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.; for more information, call 478-862-5628.
CVS DRIVE-THRU TESTING SITES
Governor Brian Kemp announced 23 new drive-thru sites at select CVS Pharmacy locations in the state. The sites will open Friday, May 22.
To get tested, you must meet CDC criteria and age guidelines. You must also register in advance online at CVS.com and schedule an appointment.
Once you get to the testing site, you will be asked to stay in your car and go through the pharmacy drive-thru window. You will be given a test kit and instructions. A CVS pharmacy employee will watch you do the test to make sure it's done well. No testing will happen inside the CVS locations.
These tests will be sent to a lab for processing, and results will be back in around three days, the governor's office said.
Here are participating CVS locations in Central Georgia:
- 3001 Richard B. Russell Parkway, Warner Robins
- 1544 Bass Road, Macon