UPDATE:

Assistant fire chief Chris Cannady says the woman was grilling chicken and disposed of the charcoal incorrectly. The backyard caught fire and the fire made it up to the attic of the house.

They were calling for the woman’s dog when the fire department arrived but the dog died inside.

The home is considered a "significant loss."

--------

A fire broke at a home in Warner Robins Thursday afternoon.

The fire happened at a house in the 200 block of Station Way, according to the Houston County 911 Center.

An elderly woman, her nurse and her dog were in the home at the time the fire started. Both of the women made it out of the home safely but the dog did not.

We have a reporter on the scene and will update this story as more details become available.