MACON, Ga. — It’s that time of year, just like in years past, we need your help to Stuff the Truck!
13WMAZ is partnering with the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank to help feed families in our community throughout the holiday season, but we can’t do it alone. We’re going to need you to get involved to make it happen.
On Wednesday, Nov. 16, you can stop by any of the following two Walmart locations to donate non-perishable food items in the bins – just look for the big trucks!
- Walmart at 2720 Watson Boulevard in Warner Robins (Houston County)
- Walmart at 5955 Zebulon Road in Macon-Bibb County
They will be parked in front of those Walmart stores from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Your donations will make it into the hands and stomachs of those who really need them.
You can also support the mission by donating money to the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank online here, or by texting TRUCK to 478-752-1309.
We hope to see you Wednesday and thank you for your contribution in person.
MORE ABOUT THE MIDDLE GEORGIA COMMUNITY FOOD BANK
- MGCFB's mission is to "help our neighbors thrive by providing equitable access to nutritious food with community partners.”
- MGCFB is a Feeding America food bank and a member of the Georgia Food Bank Association.
- MGCFB serves 24 counties in the region: Baldwin, Bibb, Bleckley, Crawford, Dodge, Dooly, Houston, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Laurens, Macon, Monroe, Peach, Pike, Pulaski, Taylor, Telfair, Treutlen, Twiggs, Upson, Wheeler, Wilcox, and Wilkinson.
- 96,430 Middle Georgians are estimated to be food insecure.
- Of those, 30,830 are children.
- $1 is the equivalent of eight meals.
Here is a list of nonperishable foods (no glass jars):
- Canned vegetables (low sodium preferred)
- Canned fruits (no sugar added)\
- Canned meats – tuna, chicken
- Soups, stews, chili
- Breakfast items – cereal, breakfast bars
- Rice, pasta
- Macaroni and cheese dinners
- Peanut butter
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
The 13WMAZ 'Give Thanks' campaign explained and how you can help the Volunteers of America Southeast