MACON, Ga. — MACON
30th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast Celebration
- When: Monday, Jan. 20 at 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Vineville United Methodist Church off Vineville Avenue
- What: The church says the whole community is invited to the breakfast. The theme is "Many Voices, One Vote" to commemorate the 100th anniversary of granting women the right to vote. Call (478)-744-0915 to reserve a table. A suggested donation of $6 per person is appreciated, but everyone is welcome regardless of ability to pay.
MLK, Jr. Memorial March
- When: Monday, Jan. 20 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Beginning at Mercer University's campus
- What: The march will start on Mercer's campus and at different points in the community, then converge at the Macon-Bibb government center downtown on Poplar Street.
MLK Day observance
- When: Monday, Jan 20
- Where: Wildcat Commons Clubhouse and CW Pettigrew Center
- What: A march will begin at the clubhouse at 9 a.m. and then a program will take place at CW Pettigrew starting at 10 a.m.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Breakfast
- When: Saturday, Jan. 18 at 9 a.m.
- Where: The New Beginning Center at First Baptist Church on Garmon Street
- What: Georgia Supreme Court Justice Robert Benham will be the guest speaker. After the breakfast, Benham will be answering questions from students. Admission is $5. For tickets, call 478-714-0527 or 478-955-8662.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- When: Monday, Jan. 20 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Union Grove Missionary Baptist Church on South Davis Drive
- What: The Houston County NAACP is first hosting a ceremony at 10 a.m., then a commemorative march will start at 11:45 a.m. Call 478-714-2419 for more information.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Ceremony
- When: Friday, Jan. 17 at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Georgia Military College
- What: The school is hosting their annual ceremony on Friday. Former state senator and former Milledgeville mayor Floyd Griffin will be the guest speaker, and the school is welcoming back Julian Boddie, the first black graduate of GMC to be honored.
26th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade
- When: Saturday, Jan. 18 at 12 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Dublin starting at Academy Avenue
- What: Dublin is holding its annual parade Saturday starting at noon.
Cochran-Bleckley NAACP Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade
- When: Monday, Jan. 20 at 12 p.m.
- Where: Middle Georgia State University in the Gateway parking lot on Cook Road
- What: There is a Cochran-Bleckley Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade. The parade will line up at 11 a.m. and it will begin at 12 p.m. It will proceed through downtown Cochran and stop at the end of Roberson Barber Shop. A program will begin immediately after the parade at the House of Grace located at 133 Jac Arts Road.
STAY UPDATED | Click here to subscribe to our Midday Minute newsletter and receive the latest headlines and information in your inbox every day.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page.