MACON, Ga. — The Methodist Home for Children and Youth says they're thankful after Macon-Bibb firefighters put out fire near one of their buildings Saturday night.
CEO of the home, Alison Evans, says she got a call around 6:45 p.m. that a golf cart parked under a breezeway to an administration building had caught fire.
The golf cart was battery powered, and something in it malfunctioned, according to the Macon-Bibb Fire Department.
The department says there was no major damage to the breezeway itself other than soot buildup and some water damage inside the building due to a sprinkler.
Evans says the fire was not near any of their children's homes, and there were no injuries. The home is operating as normal.
They lost a golf cart, but Evans says she's happy with the fire department's response.
The Methodist Home for Children and Youth is located off Pierce Avenue.
STAY UPDATED | Click here to subscribe to our Midday Minute newsletter and receive the latest headlines and information in your inbox every day.
Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Facebook page.