MACON, Ga. — Editor's Note: The video in this story does not reflect Bibb County Schools' current closing. The video is from past coverage on March 13.
As school closings go into effect during the coronavirus pandemic, we're here to keep you updated.
PUBLIC SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAMS
Gov. Brian Kemp has ordered all public schools closed through the end of March. For more information, click here.
- Baldwin County Schools: They will be delivering breakfast and lunch to select locations through March 27. Here is a full list of locations and times.
- Bibb County Schools: Meal services will begin March 18. Click here for all locations. Students will be moving to online learning.
- Crawford County Schools: Click here for pickup locations for lunch.
- Dodge County Schools: Starting March 18, buses will be heading on their normal routes between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to hand out meals. If you'd like to pick up food, a drive-thru option is available at the high school from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dublin City Schools: An emergency feeding program will start March 18. Students will be participating in distance learning.
- Houston County Schools: Click here for a full rundown of their meal program.
- Laurens County Schools: Click here for details on their nutrition program.
- Peach County Schools: Meals for students will be available for pick-up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Byron Middle and Peach County High.
- Twiggs County Schools: Click here for breakfast and lunch pickup locations.
- Academy for Classical Education is closed from March 17-March 30
- Brentwood School: Closed until April 10. All events are suspended from now until then.
- Central Fellowship Christian Academy: Closed indefinitely starting March 17.
- Christ School of Warner Robins: Follows the Houston County Schools schedule, so they will be closed indefinitely.
- Cirrus Academy: Closed until April 6.
- First Presbyterian Day School: Closed March 16 - March 20. Distance learning begins March 17.
- Fullington Academy: Closed March 17 - March 27.
- Georgia Academy for the Blind is closed to staff and students for two weeks effective March 16
- GMC Prep School in Milledgeville: Closed starting March 17. Remote learning starts now through March 27.
- John Hancock Academy: Closed March 17 - March 20. Alternate education will be in place. Students will receive packets on Monday.
- St. Andrews Montessori School: Closed from March 16-27.
- Stratford Academy: Closed March 17 to students; staff will still need to report. Closed for students and staff starting March 18 until further notice, and distance learning will be in effect.
- Trinity Christian Academy: Closed until March 27
- Warner Robins Christian: Follows the Houston County Schools schedule, so they will be closed indefinitely.
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
The University System of Georgia has moved 26 institutions to online classes immediately. For more information, click here.
- University System of Georgia (UGA, Fort Valley State, Georgia College, Middle Georgia State University): Students are not allowed to return to campus until given permission, and they will receive information on housing and meal plan refunds.
- Mercer University: Classes suspended until March 23, then virtual classes begin. Virtual classes will run until April 3.
- Wesleyan College: Extending spring break for residential and commuter students until March 22.
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College: Closing all campuses from March 13 - March 31. The school says an employee was exposed to COVID-19.
- Central Georgia Tech: Transitioning to online learning until March 27. Spring break is still scheduled for March 30 - April 3.
- Georgia Military College: In-person classes are suspended.Online learning for all 14 of GMC's college campuses and Corps of Cadets will be held March 16 - March 27.
FACTS NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we’re focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.