BOCA RATON, Fla. — Some kids digging in their backyard last week came across a historical find that caused some concern at first, police in Boca Raton said.
The kids found a munition-shaped device labeled "practice bomb." The children's mother called police.
The department's bomb squad checked out the device and found it was a World War II-era practice bomb, likely used at the former Boca Raton Army Air Field.
Police said the Boca Raton Historical Society will put the object on display.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teen collapses and dies during conditioning drills on Tampa football field
- All Publix subs will be on sale for $5.99 for a week
- Florida ranked second most fun state in America
- Florida man accused of killing his wife of 50 years
- Blood pressure medication recall expanded due to cancer risk