MACON, Ga. — The high school football regular season in Central Georgia is in the books and the playoffs are on deck.
The final week of the season provided plenty of drama in the form of upsets, blowouts and the breaking of a historic record.
John Milledge Academy 28, Tattnall 21
The Trojans have now tied the record for consecutive wins in the state of Georgia with 47 straight wins. The win over Tattnall was a gritty win for J.T. Wall and his team. But what a special moment for this team. At the start of the season the question was if the new GIAA would pose a challenge to their pursuit of the record with new opponents on the schedule adding potential roadblocks. This team had an answer for that question and any others. Now they’ll look to claim a new record of wins as their own and another state title. I wouldn’t bet against them.
Central: The Chargers grabbed a big win over Southwest and now forces a tiebreaker between three Bibb County schools for one playoff spot. We will find out whether Central, Rutland or Southwest will get in as the four seed in a tough 2A region. The Chargers seem to have the inside track after holding Southwest to just six points in the season finale.
Stratford: The Eagles staged a comeback against FPD to close out the regular season with a 49-40 nailbiter in a rivalry game. This one looked like FPD’s game to win but the rally late shows the fight in this team which could bode well for a title run. This team has dark horse written all over it.
Perry: This team did exactly what it was supposed to in the final week of the season. They got a shutout win over West Laurens. They will head into the playoffs as one of the favorites in 4A as No. 1 seed after cruising to a region title. Perry is battle tested and seems to be taking the season one game at a time. This bodes well for a team looking to bring home a state title. Next week starts the real season for the Panthers. They’ve been waiting for this moment all season long.
- GMC 47, Twiggs County 6
- Manchester 14, Taylor County 12
- Westside 34, Howard 33
- Macon County 23, Marion County 12
- Putnam 26, Washington County 13
- Schley 52, Greenville 6
- Fitzgerald 34, Berrien 20
- Warner Robins 52, Locust Grove 0
- Perry 34, West Laurens 0
- Fullington Academy 47, St. Mary’s 7
- John Milledge Academy 28, Tattnall 21
- Windsor 55, Covenant Academy 28
- Thomas County Central 24, Northside 14
- Johnson County 51, Hancock Central 8
- Lamar County 42, Heard County 0
- Swainsboro 28, Dublin 7
- Mary Persons 46, Pike County 10
- Athens Christian 32, Mount de Sales 21
- Emanuel County Institute 34, Montgomery County 14
- Spencer 16, ACE 6
- Central 24, Southwest 6
- CFCA 41, Thomas Jefferson 14
- Jones County 30, Union Grove 0
- Dooly County 49, Hawkinsville 16
- Peach County 49, Jackson 14
- Toombs County 34, Vidalia 0
- Jasper County 32, Oglethorpe County 14
- Brentwood 42, Gatewood 21
- Stratford 49, FPD 40
- Baldwin 47, Griffin 14
- St. Anne Pacelli 45, Westfield 7
- Piedmont 34, Lake Oconee 6
- Jeff Davis 21, Sumter County 19
- Houston County 70, Veterans 21
- Wilcox County 52, Wheeler County 27
- Wilkinson County 47, Glascock County 17
- Telfair County 62, Teutlen 22
- Crawford County 38, Temple 28
- Bryan County 40, Claxton 19
FOOTBALL FRIDAY NIGHT: