EDMONDS, Wash. — After a months-long manhunt, a man accused of raping two children in the state of Washington was found and arrested off Florida's coast.
The Edmonds Police Department said it started in January when a mother called and reported her ex-boyfriend raped her 11 and 13-year-old kids.
After working for months to track him down, investigators said they were able to find him in the Fort Myers area--more than 3,200 miles away on a boat. Detectives said he was trying to leave the country.
Investigators said the man was arrested and is being held at the Lee County Sheriff's Office. He will be held there while he waits on an extradition hearing to Washington.
10 Tampa Bay Cares: If you have been sexually assaulted, you are not alone. There is help available. Contact the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay at 211 or the National Sexual Assult Hotline at 1-800-656-4673.
- Another person accuses former Tampa school official of 'creepy' foot rub
- What's wrong with Florida's new gambling deal? Ask the one state senator who voted against it
- Judge sends Florida's lawsuit against CDC over halting cruises to mediation
- Brink of a fertility crisis: Scientist says plummeting sperm counts caused by everyday products
- How to work around the pandemic rental car shortage
- It's the best moon of 2021: The super flower blood moon
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter