MACON, Ga. — As updates on COVID-19 continue to come in, 13WMAZ is dedicated to tracking cases across Georgia. During this time, we hope to provide you with facts and not fear.
Cases reported on Robins Air Force Base are not counted in Houston County's total from the Georgia Department of Health.
13WMAZ is updating this story once a day -- at 3 p.m.
Breakdown of Cases: 90,493 statewide
BY COUNTIES IN CENTRAL GEORGIA
This is based on the patient's last-known county of residence.
- Bibb: 1,036 cases, 41 deaths
- Houston: 723 cases, 24 deaths
- Baldwin: 554 cases, 34 deaths
- Hancock: 219 cases, 32 deaths
- Dooly: 211 cases, 12 deaths
- Laurens: 209 cases, 1 death
- Monroe: 188 cases, 18 deaths
- Putnam: 165 cases, 12 deaths
- Wilcox: 131 cases, 15 deaths
- Washington: 130 cases, 1 death
- Telfair: 125 cases, 3 deaths
- Macon: 119 cases, 9 deaths
- Peach: 115 cases, 9 deaths
- Dodge: 113 cases, 2 deaths
- Johnson: 100 cases, 2 deaths
- Jones: 98 cases, 0 deaths
- Wilkinson: 79 cases, 8 deaths
- Bleckley: 67 cases, 1 death
- Wheeler: 53 cases, 0 deaths
- Pulaski: 51 cases, 2 deaths
- Crawford: 50 cases, 0 deaths
- Taylor: 30 cases, 2 deaths
- Treutlen: 28 cases, 1 death
- Twiggs: 26 cases, 1 death
Statewide Testing Numbers
Testing is being conducted by commercial labs as well as the state lab. The Georgia Department of Public Health started releasing testing numbers on March 18.
Commercial labs and state labs have conducted 1,065,629 tests total.
Hospitalized Across Georgia: 11,653
The state has now added numbers for ICU hospitalizations, but says the number could be under-reported, because it only includes ICU admissions at the time the case was reported to the Department of Public Health.
ICU Admissions: 2,413 as of 3 p.m. Friday.
Deaths statewide: 2,856
The first death in Georgia was a 67-year-old patient who had been hospitalized at WellStar Kennestone. He tested positive for coronavirus on March 7.
"This individual had an underlying medical condition," Kemp said.
The Georgia Department of Public Health reported a 64-year-old man with underlying conditions died in Houston County.
Warner Robins American Little League later confirmed this to be one of their umpires on March 24. He was the first COVID-19-related death in Central Georgia.
DPH also reported on March 29 that a 29-year-old woman in Peach County has died from the virus, but it is unknown if she had underlying conditions.
In the March 30 update, the count includes a death in Baldwin County -- a 53-year-old male with underlying medical conditions. Later that night, it updated to include an 85-year-old man in Houston County
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE
FACTS NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we’re focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.