MACON, Ga. — As updates on COVID-19 continue to come in, 13WMAZ is dedicated to tracking cases across Georgia. During this time, we hope to provide you with facts and not fear.
Cases reported on Robins Air Force Base are not counted in Houston County's total from the Georgia Department of Health.
13WMAZ is updating this story once a day -- at 3 p.m.
Breakdown of Cases: 302,737 statewide
BY COUNTIES IN CENTRAL GEORGIA
This is based on the patient's last-known county of residence.
- Bibb: 5919 cases, 156 deaths (+2 deaths)
- Houston: 3002 cases, 76 deaths (+1 death)
- Baldwin: 2020 cases, 55 deaths
- Laurens: 1557 cases, 62 deaths (+1 death)
- Putnam: 673 cases, 23 deaths
- Monroe: 654 cases, 46 deaths
- Washington: 652 cases, 7 deaths
- Peach: 648 cases, 20 deaths
- Jones: 523 cases, 8 deaths (+1 death)
- Bleckley: 421 cases, 19 deaths
- Johnson: 410 cases, 22 deaths
- Dodge: 389 cases, 11 deaths (+1 death)
- Hancock: 386 cases, 41 deaths
- Telfair: 376 cases, 16 deaths
- Wilkinson: 328 cases, 17 deaths
- Wheeler: 322 cases, 11 deaths
- Dooly: 320 cases, 14 deaths
- Pulaski: 304 cases, 13 deaths
- Treutlen: 244 cases, 7 deaths (+1 death)
- Wilcox: 240 cases, 20 deaths
- Macon: 226 cases, 10 deaths
- Taylor: 201 cases, 8 deaths
- Twiggs: 182 cases, 7 deaths
- Crawford: 165 cases, 4 deaths
Statewide Testing Numbers
Testing is being conducted by commercial labs as well as the state lab. The Georgia Department of Public Health started releasing testing numbers on March 18.
Commercial labs and state labs have conducted 2,701,952 tests total.
Hospitalized Across Georgia: 27,203
The state has now added numbers for ICU hospitalizations, but says the number could be under-reported, because it only includes ICU admissions at the time the case was reported to the Department of Public Health.
ICU Admissions: 4,966 as of 3 p.m. Friday.
Deaths statewide: 6,537
The first death in Georgia was a 67-year-old patient who had been hospitalized at WellStar Kennestone. He tested positive for coronavirus on March 7.
"This individual had an underlying medical condition," Kemp said.
The Georgia Department of Public Health reported a 64-year-old man with underlying conditions died in Houston County.
Warner Robins American Little League later confirmed this to be one of their umpires on March 24. He was the first COVID-19-related death in Central Georgia.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE
FACTS NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we’re focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.