MACON, Ga. — As updates on COVID-19 continue to come in, 13WMAZ is dedicated to tracking cases across Georgia. During this time, we hope to provide you with facts and not fear.
Cases reported on Robins Air Force Base are not counted in Houston County's total from the Georgia Department of Health.
13WMAZ is updating this story once a day -- at 3 p.m.
Breakdown of Cases: 228,668 statewide
BY COUNTIES IN CENTRAL GEORGIA
This is based on the patient's last-known county of residence.
- Bibb: 3835 cases, 75 deaths (+2 deaths)
- Houston: 2079 cases, 62 deaths
- Baldwin: 1115 cases, 42 deaths
- Laurens: 1075 cases, 17 deaths
- Washington: 518 cases, 2 deaths
- Monroe: 474 cases, 29 deaths (+1 deaths)
- Putnam: 454 cases, 18 deaths
- Peach: 411 cases, 15 deaths
- Hancock: 331 cases, 35 deaths
- Jones: 327 cases, 4 deaths
- Telfair: 299 cases, 12 deaths
- Dooly: 262 cases, 14 deaths
- Bleckley: 260 cases, 10 deaths
- Johnson: 253 cases, 12 deaths
- Dodge: 240 cases, 3 deaths
- Wilkinson: 223 cases, 12 deaths (+1 death)
- Wilcox: 188 cases, 19 deaths
- Macon: 185 cases, 10 deaths
- Treutlen: 135 cases, 3 deaths
- Pulaski: 132 cases, 3 deaths
- Twiggs: 127 cases, 4 deaths
- Crawford: 107 cases, 0 deaths
- Wheeler: 100 cases, 1 death
- Taylor: 99 cases, 3 deaths (+1 death)
Statewide Testing Numbers
Testing is being conducted by commercial labs as well as the state lab. The Georgia Department of Public Health started releasing testing numbers on March 18.
Commercial labs and state labs have conducted 1,942,610 tests total.
Hospitalized Across Georgia: 21,581
The state has now added numbers for ICU hospitalizations, but says the number could be under-reported, because it only includes ICU admissions at the time the case was reported to the Department of Public Health.
ICU Admissions: 3,963 as of 3 p.m. Thursday.
Deaths statewide: 4,538
The first death in Georgia was a 67-year-old patient who had been hospitalized at WellStar Kennestone. He tested positive for coronavirus on March 7.
"This individual had an underlying medical condition," Kemp said.
The Georgia Department of Public Health reported a 64-year-old man with underlying conditions died in Houston County.
Warner Robins American Little League later confirmed this to be one of their umpires on March 24. He was the first COVID-19-related death in Central Georgia.
DPH also reported on March 29 that a 29-year-old woman in Peach County has died from the virus, but it is unknown if she had underlying conditions.
In the March 30 update, the count includes a death in Baldwin County -- a 53-year-old male with underlying medical conditions. Later that night, it updated to include an 85-year-old man in Houston County
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE
FACTS NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we’re focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.