MACON, Ga. — As updates on COVID-19 continue to come in, 13WMAZ is dedicated to tracking cases across Georgia. During this time, we hope to provide you with facts and not fear.
Cases reported on Robins Air Force Base are not counted in Houston County's total from the Georgia Department of Health.
13WMAZ is updating this story once a day -- at 3 p.m.
- Gov. Brian Kemp's statewide shelter-in-place order expired at midnight on April 30. However, his order for the elderly and medically-fragile remains in effect until June 12.
- Public Health Emergency remains in effect.
Breakdown of Cases: 48,207 statewide
BY COUNTIES IN CENTRAL GEORGIA
This is based on the patient's last-known county of residence.
- Bibb: 472 cases, 29 deaths (+1 death)
- Houston: 376 cases, 17 deaths
- Baldwin: 350 cases, 26 deaths
- Hancock: 197 cases, 25 deaths
- Dooly: 183 cases, 12 deaths
- Monroe: 121 cases, 11 deaths
- Wilcox: 117 cases, 13 deaths
- Laurens: 108 cases, 1 death
- Macon: 102 cases, 6 deaths
- Putnam: 93 cases, 9 deaths
- Johnson: 83 cases, 2 deaths
- Washington: 74 cases, 1 death
- Peach: 74 cases, 4 deaths
- Wilkinson: 70 cases, 7 deaths (+1 death)
- Dodge: 52 cases, 2 deaths
- Bleckley: 48 cases, 0 deaths
- Pulaski: 42 cases, 2 deaths
- Jones: 40 cases, 0 deaths
- Telfair: 37 cases, 1 death
- Crawford: 28 cases, 0 deaths
- Taylor: 22 cases, 2 deaths
- Twiggs: 17 cases, 1 death
- Wheeler: 13 cases, 0 deaths
- Treutlen: 12 cases, 0 deaths
Statewide Testing Numbers
Testing is being conducted by commercial labs as well as the state lab. The Georgia Department of Public Health started releasing testing numbers on March 18.
Commercial labs and state labs have conducted 565,612 tests total.
Hospitalized Across Georgia: 8,334
The state has now added numbers for ICU hospitalizations, but says the number could be under-reported, because it only includes ICU admissions at the time the case was reported to the Department of Public Health.
ICU Admissions: 1,821 as of 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Deaths statewide: 2,102
The first death in Georgia was a 67-year-old patient who had been hospitalized at WellStar Kennestone. He tested positive for coronavirus on March 7.
"This individual had an underlying medical condition," Kemp said.
The Georgia Department of Public Health reported a 64-year-old man with underlying conditions died in Houston County.
Warner Robins American Little League later confirmed this to be one of their umpires on March 24. He was the first COVID-19-related death in Central Georgia.
DPH also reported on March 29 that a 29-year-old woman in Peach County has died from the virus, but it is unknown if she had underlying conditions.
In the March 30 update, the count includes a death in Baldwin County -- a 53-year-old male with underlying medical conditions. Later that night, it updated to include an 85-year-old man in Houston County
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE
FACTS NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we’re focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.